Pigeon Forge, TN has become the place to shop, especially when you’re talking outlet mall shopping, in the southeast over the past couple of decades. Gatlinburg’s local craft shops lured visitors in years ago and still do today, but as the years went on, more and more stores began popping up and Pigeon Forge saw its first large outlet mall. Locals refer to that once bustling space as the “Red Roof Mall”. Malls like the Belz Factory Outlet Mall would open in later years. Still, there are quite a few smaller stores that carry unique items. Walden’s Landing and The Christmas Place are just a few of the newer shopping opportunities in Pigeon Forge. Again, they cater to people looking for the higher-end retail items like art, sculptures, and various holiday decor.
Outlet malls still remain the popular choice today among people coming into the area from out of town. Outlet shopping in Pigeon Forge, especially Black Friday shopping, has become a yearly event over at Tanger Five Oaks Mall in Sevierville (about 1/4 mile from the Pigeon Forge City limit). While Tanger is not “technically” in Pigeon Forge, their Five Oaks outlet offers the highest quality name brand shopping. Some of the stores you’ll find at Tanger Five Oaks are:
- Old Navy
- Banana Republic
- Children’s Place
- Polo Ralph Lauren
- J. Crew
- Strasburg Children
- Under Armour
- Bath & Body Works
There are also numerous restaurants, cafes, and even a brand new Joes’ Crab Shack to calm your appetite. You could literally spend all day here…and many do!
If you decide to go shopping at Five Oaks Mall in Sevierville, TN, browse through the following tips. They will make your shopping trip that much more enjoyable.
- GO EARLY – Okay, this is probably a no-brainer, but if you’re going on a weekend then you better plan on arriving before the mall opens (9am on Saturdays and 10am on Sundays). The parking lots fill up quickly and it soon turns into a game of musical chairs trying to find someone leaving. The best area to be in (if you plan on hitting most of the stores) is around The Chop House. This way you can shop at the store in the front of your mall and drop of your bags as you make your way to the back of the mall.
- Shopping Coupons and Discounts – As soon as you get out of your car, head over to one of the mall offices to grab a coupon book. This will potentially save you a ton of money.
- Have some kind of a plan – Don’t just wander around aimlessly. Know what stores are available before you go by visiting The Five Oaks Directory to see the full list of stores and even download a printable map with store locations and phone numbers!
- Dress Smart – I’ve seen too many people complain about their feet or that they’re hot or cold. This is an outdoor strip mall that requires a lot of walking. Wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather. It could be hot, cold, wet, or dry…be prepared! You’ll enjoy shopping much more when your “dogs aren’t barking” (That’s southern for “my feet hurt!”)
- Fun for the Spouse and Kids – If your husband and children need something to do then they will love the Ripley’s Old McDonald Miniature Golf & Arcade! The NASCAR Speedpark is also within walking distance and provides enough fun for the entire day…you’ll probably be ready to go before they will be!
- Ask About Return Policies – Some outlet store purchases cannot be returned to their “normal” stores you may find in another town. Be sure to ask where you are allowed to return or exchange your purchases.
- The Tanger Guarantee – Any purchase made at Five Oaks is apparently guaranteed in price for 30 days after your purchase. If you find it advertised cheaper somewhere else, then bring the advertisement in with your receipt to the mall office and they will refund you the difference!
If you follow just one of those tips, you’ll have a better time than most. There are lots of bargains and a lot of stores…don’t get overwhelmed and pack a TON of patience. The parking, lines, and waits to eat can be a pain at times… but such is the price apparently for a great pair of shoes!
Map to Five Oaks Mall in Sevierville, TN
View Larger Map
1645 Parkway, Suite 960
Sevierville, TN 37863
Phone: (865) 453-1053
Fax: (865) 429-8626
Monday – Saturday
9:00am – 9:00pm
10:00am – 7:00pm