There is no end to the fun to be had in Pigeon Forge. The area offers a little bit of everything for everyone, making Pigeon Forge a favorite vacation destination among families, couples and solo vacationers. Whether you’re looking to stop in at a live show in Pigeon Forge, explore the surrounding mountainous terrain or learn something new about the area, Pigeon Forge has something for you. That’s why we’ve put together a list of our 3 favorite fun things to do in Pigeon Forge:
Live Shows in Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge is home to numerous live shows and dinner theaters that are sure to thrill, entertain and keep you laughing until you’re blue in the face. They’ll have you returning year after year to see old favorites and new productions, so be sure to enjoy a couple during your stay. Can’t decide which one to see? We’ve listed a couple popular picks for your reference below:
1. Country Tonite – Whether you’re a long-time fan of country tunes or prefer a different genre, Country Tonite will dazzle you with great music, choreography and laughs.
2. The Comedy Barn Theater – While you wouldn’t typically run a across magicians, jugglers, ventriloquists, comedians, and live country and gospel music during a night on the town, the Comedy Barn houses all of these in one place, producing a side-splitting show for all ages.
3. Smoky Mountain Adventures Dinner & Show –This riveting, high energy production is a non-stop, exciting journey taking guests back to the 1930’s when there was conflict between the Mountain and Holler families and they competed in the Great Smoky Mountain Family Contest. At Dolly Parton’s Smoky Mountain Adventures Dinner & Show, you’ll make unforgettable memories as you cheer on these two families in a world class dinner and show.
4. Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede Dinner Attraction – Enjoy a feast and fun together at the Dixie Stampede Dinner Attraction as a showdown between the North and South unfolds.
Places to Have Fun Learning During Your Vacation
What better way to enjoy your Pigeon Forge vacation than by having fun while learning something new that will stick with you long after you return home? We certainly can’t think of a better souvenir. Pigeon Forge and the surround area are rich with history and artifacts from times long since passed in addition to several educational attractions that are great for inquisitive minds.
5. WonderWorks – Wonderworks, an amusement park for the mind, prides itself on combining education with entertainment, providing more than 100 hands-on exhibits of “edu-tainment.” Visitors can explore six different Wonder Zones, ranging in themes from natural disasters and space discovery to the imagination lab and light and sound zone, that challenge the mind and spark the imagination. The Pigeon Forge attraction even offers a glow-in-the-dark indoor ropes course and lazer-tag.
6. Titanic – As the world’s largest museum attraction, Titanic in Pigeon Forge, offers a unique and fun learning experience for families interested in the “unsinkable ship.” Feel like you’re aboard the colossal ship itself as you explore the replicated interior of the Titanic with headphone audio to guide your tour. The audio portion of the tour is adjusted for age, with one option for adults and one for children, so visitors of every age are sure to enjoy.
Looking for more attractions to enjoy during your Pigeon Forge vacation? Check out our complete list of Pigeon Forge attractions.
Outdoor Adventures in Pigeon Forge
Featuring plenty rivers, streams and forests, Pigeon Forge enjoys a lot of natural beauty as well as naturally occurring fun and excitement outside. It’s definitely one of the most abundant sources of fun things to do in Pigeon Forge. And with all of it at your fingertips during your Pigeon Forge vacation, why not step outside your comfort zone and enjoy a bit of adventure. Get all the details here:
7. White Water Rafting – For the adventurous at heart, white water rafting in Pigeon Forge a different side of the Smokies that most people don’t get to see.The white water rapids deter most forces that would typically destroy the natural setting or disrupt wildlife. It’s also a fun and exciting way to spend a few hours during your Pigeon Forge vacation, so grab an oar and start paddling.
8. Tubing in Pigeon Forge – Looking for something a little more leisurely paced? Tubing in Pigeon Forge is one of the best ways to experience the sights of the area while also indulging in a little relaxation. All you have to do is grab a tube, lay back and breath in the fresh air while you soak up the sun.
9. Greenway Trails – Looking for an area to walk, run or bike? The Pigeon Forge Greenway Trails stretch four miles from one end of Pigeon Forge to the other, serving as a connection between residential communities and commercial zones. You can enter the greenway trek at Patriot Park, Jake Thomas Road or Butler Street at Ashley Avenue. The Plaza at Butler Street and Ashley Avenue are perfect for those looking to take a break from their walk, run or bike ride through Pigeon Forge, as there are park benches, the water fountain and a memorial dedicated to former City Commissioner English McCarter. A trip on the greenway also reveals lovely scenery of the Little Pigeon River along the way.
Want more information on the fun to be had during your Pigeon Forge vacation? Check out our complete list of fun things to do in Pigeon Forge.