Mountain Valley Winery in Pigeon Forge is a great little spot to taste and purchase some of the area’s finest in wine offerings right on the parkway. It’s also a member of the growing Rocky Top Wine Trail which has expanded to include a winery in Kodak, TN, a few Sevierville wineries, itself, and a winery in Gatlinburg. To say that the region is learning how to grow grapes would be an understatement.
Like other wineries in the area, Mountain Valley urges people to stop by their facility, learn about their wine-making processes, and taste the literal fruits of their labor during the winery’s free daily tastings.
In all, Mountain Valley Winery produces more than a dozen wines. And for all you lovers of all things local, each one is made from locally grown grapes. That’s right, there are a number of vineyards in East Tennessee. You’ll find dry wines, semi-sweet wines and dessert wines along their list.
Since 1991, Mountain Valley Winery has been producing many popular award-winning varieties. Their focus has been on French and German style wines as well as sweet, fruit wines. A few of their offerings include:
- Tennessee Special: Made in small batches and grown in East Tennessee.
- Chardonnay: A white dinner wine aged in oak which makes it a very complex wine.
- Cynthiana (a.k.a. Norton): Spicy and vivacious, pair this wine with zesty foods.
- Gewurztraminer: A German style wine great on its own or with fruit and cheese.
- Mountain Valley Blush: This wine goes with anything, anywhere and is made from a blend of different grapes.
- Mountain Valley Red: Produced using Concord and other native American grapes.
- Mountain Berry: A Concord and Raspberry blend.
- Blackberry: You’ll know how this sweet wine got its name once you taste it.
- Mountain Peach: If you like fresh peaches, you’ll love this wine.
The month of October is actually the perfect time to come by and visit Mountain Valley Winery in Pigeon Forge. From September to October, guests can come and watch the wine-making process as workers bottle wine and crush grapes during these two months.
In addition to their various wines, the Mountain Valley Winery gift shop sells Tennessee farm products. Visitors can find some of the best regional cheese in the Mountain Valley gift shop.
Mountain Valley Winery
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863