The Inside Pigeon Forge Getaway Giveaway contest is fully underway and people are flooding the forums with tons of great tips and ideas for visiting Pigeon Forge! Here are a few highlights so far (in no particular order):
- When we plan a Pigeon Forge vacation, we like to include all our family and friends. We rent the largest mountain cabin and everyone splits the cost; we usually spend $15 per night…that’s a great deal!
- We always go to Dollywood first thing. We have season passes, but if you don’t, the best bet is to go after 3:00pm. The next day is free! You can spend the first evening looking around, maybe take in a show or two, and plan your next day’s attack. It’s a great deal.
- We like to visit the welcome center on the North end of town for all sorts of info. and they are super friendly and helpful. From there we choose where we will eat and if we will visit any shows.
- The best way in from I 40E is to exit at Lenoir City and follow the signs. We use 321. Then we turn left onto what will become Wears Valley Road. The traffic is not a problem and the scenery is wonderful.
- We come in from I75 S Get off on the Old Broadway exit. This is also 441 S. You will come into the north end of Pigeon Forge. Miss alot of traffic even on Friday.
- Dont get talked into the timeshares, hours away from your time there on vacation they say only 45 mins- but more like 3-4 hours!!!
- There are so many different (hiking) trails, with various difficulty levels. I recommend you go by the park Visitors Center and pick up a book that tells about all the trails so you can pick out the best one for you.
- We drive up 441 from Georgia so we come across the mountain and over the years, I have learned to call the Park Service before hand to make sure the road is open. I also make sure to check the weather. Our weather is generally similiar, but the forethought to check the web prevents any surprises.
As someone who grew up in Pigeon Forge, it’s amazing to see all of the things that people out-of-town know about this area! There are so many great ideas and tips contributed so far and I can’t wait to see what else other people come up with! Jump in the forums if you haven’t already to browse through the posts…then contribute a tip of your own to be entered into the contest!