If you’ve ever been to the Dixie Stampede in Pigeon Forge TN then you’ve had their famous and amazing cream of vegetable soup. The Dixie Stampede soup is just yummy! Have you ever wondered if you could make it at home yourself? Well, now you can!
The following Dixie Stampede soup recipe has received rave reviews as to how much it tastes just like Dixie Stampede’s creamy vegetable soup. It takes about 15 minutes to make with about 5 minutes to prepare.
Dixie Stampede Soup Recipe
* 3 tablespoons margarine (Some use salted butter)
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon corn syrup
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup chicken broth
* 1 1/2 cups water
* 3/4 cup finely chopped cooked vegetable (Some people use diced canned potatoes and canned carrot slices diced very small, Veg-All will work)
* 1 pint half-and-half cream (Some people use a heavy cream for a richer taste)
* chopped fresh parsley
1. In a 3-quart sauce pot, melt margarine. Add onion, garlic, and corn syrup. Simmer 1 minute. Do NOT brown.
2. Add flour, white pepper, salt, chicken broth, water, and vegetables. Simmer 3 minutes.
3. Add half-and-half. Simmer until desired consistency. Stir constantly – do NOT bring to boil.
4. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
It’s just that easy! This Dixie Stampede soup recipe is sure to impress all of your friends and family. So, even after you leave Pigeon Forge, you can have a little bit of Dixie Stampede at home with you!
4 thoughts on “Dixie Stampede Soup Recipe”
Wow, the cooking method of this Vegetable Soup recipe is great, I’ll try it later. Just one question: how to add your blog into my RSS Reader, Thanks very much.
we tripled this recipe!!! due to having a large family gathering and everyone loved it (even my three year old, who doesnt like ANYTHING) although i didnt taste it my sister said the garlic was a little much… but we had left overs so the next day it was still amazing heated back up!! thank you so much for this recipe… oh and we also made cheddar garlic biscuits from red lobster and were also a big hit with everyone to dip into the soup!!